Using these 7 social media tips can help you grow your small business, reach new markets, build awareness, and drive sales in social media.
1. Set social media goals for your small business
Before you, as the small business owner can do anything else in social media, you need to identify your marketing goals. What do you hope to achieve there, primarily: to build awareness or to drive customers to your website or start selling on social media? Small businesses can burn out too quickly because they do not have strategic steps to achieve their goals, which they didn’t set.
2. Be consistent in social media
Your social followers want to be certain that you and your brand are stable, and it is important therefore to have an editorial calendar to be consistent in your posting schedule. It is also important that you be consistent in your message and branding. Сhoose a style of communication with your followers and keep it all the time.
3. Automate your social media
Exists many online resources and apps available to help you manage your social media presence. These services will be able to post chosen content to your platforms, track all comments and social mentions, do analytics. They can send out posts automatically to different platforms.
Best tools for automatization in social media:
- You can engage with prospects and followers all from one place.
- Publish social media content according to your schedule across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube.
- Collaborate with your team.
- Re-publish timeless content.
- Track the power of your social content with analytics.
- You can post your content automatically in the best time to post.
- If you have posted the same content, the tool generates customized links to analyze them separately.
- You can work on dedicated campaigns from its dedicated interface.
- It has an analytics section.
- Hootsuite can help with an easy to use post scheduler.
- You can check your brand mentions, reply, post content, etc.
- Determine the best time for content posting using the analytics functions.
- Search for influencers.
- It has an advanced analytics feature.
- You can filter the results on the basis of certain locations, domains, platforms, etc.
- You can look for influencers.
- Buzzsumo tracks different platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and more to quantify the overall reach of content.
- It also has other features like a content analyzer, a question analyzer, a Facebook analyzer, and more.
4. Build relationships with your followers on social media
Start communicating directly with customers through social media and messengers, send a notification to your customers, personalize proposals, support them via this channel. You can build relationships over time. When people engage with your organic content or ads, you can jump in and reply, helping to build trust and form the early stages of rewarding customer relationships.
5. Start to accept payments on Facebook, Instagram, messengers
Now you can not only communicate with customers in social networks and promote your brand, you need to start selling and accept ing payments on a Facebook page, via social media posts, advertising and directly through instant messenger (Facebook messenger, Viber, Telegram) or Instagram profiles. A buyer after a click on the post will get an invoice right away in the messenger of choice and ready to pay by card, PayPal, bank accounts, etc. The merchant knows who wants to buy, can support a customer via messenger, can chat with him in real-time, send notification and stimulate to buy. Social online payment just starting to develop but are already popular.
The best online payment services for small businesses for accepting payments on Facebook, Instagram, messengers.
- Provides invoicing, support, sending notifications to your customer in a messenger chat.
- Increase sales conversion rates and open new sales channels like messengers and social media for small businesses.
- Integrates without coding skills using plugins, selling links, express checkout widget and integration with a website, social networks, ads, messengers.
- Provides secure, seamless, omnichannel buying experience in 2 clicks inside social media without any redirection or registration.
6. Track and refine your performance
As you implement your social strategy, it’s important to keep track of what works and what doesn’t so you can fine-tune your efforts and improve your results. All of the analytics tools mentioned above give you a great picture of your social efforts and can help you track whichever metrics matter the most to you.
Once you have a baseline picture of how your strategy is working, it’s time to start looking for ways to get even better results. Using A/B testing, you can make small changes to your strategy that boost your success over time.
Great tool for A/B testing
A/B Testing tool with Google Analytics integration, With easy-to-use Visual Editor.
7. Try different types of content and analyze which ones work best for your small business
Type of content
- User-Generated Content – for users it’s important to see that you care about your audience and engage with them by sharing their created content.
- EBooks – with valuable content that can solve their problems or pain points.
- Live Streams – use Facebook Live as a lead generating tool.
- Infographics – people love infographics, it gets more engagement and could rack up quite a lot of shares.
- Testimonials – sharing client testimonials is a great way to build trust when you customer choosing you over a competitor.
- Webinars – can also be shared on your social account.
- Use-cases – describe the best examples of using your product.
- Podcasts – you can share the links on social media to your podcasts.
- Guides – it can guide covering how to use your product/service, it can easily be shared on your social channels.
Tools for creating social media content
- Canva – create infographics, images, etc.
- VidLab – create and edit videos on the go with VidLab app.
- THETA+ – create/edit VR images and videos suitable to post on social media sites like Instagram.
- Audacity – record audio for podcasts.
- Zoom – host high-quality webinars with the ability to broadcast your event to Facebook Live or YouTube.
- Visme https://www.visme.co/ – is an infographics maker.